Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The People of Sparks, The Hiding Place, The Guernsey Literary Society..., Prince Caspian etc.

I haven't updated in a while so I have a lot to catch up on.

I read The People of Sparks by Jeanne DuPrau. It is the second book in the City of Ember series.  I read the first book a few years ago and I think I liked that one better than this second one.

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. This book is amazing! It is a true story.  The author of the book was a Christian during World War II who hid Jews in her home and then her and her family were caught and put into a concentration camp.  This story tells of her experiences during the war and is a tearjerker.  It is  definitely worth the read! 

How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse by Cressida Cowell is the fourth book in the How to Train Your Dragon series.  I loved it!  It was fun and easy to read. 

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  This is a fiction book that takes place during World War II.  The book is written in the form of letters and I really liked it. 

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis is the second book in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe series.  I liked it although I think I liked the first one better. 

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson is a clean chick flick book.  I liked it! 

I will talk about the movies I've seen later.

1 comment:

  1. I love this booklist, Annalisa! My daughter read People of Sparks yesterday! I've heard the same thing from several people, that the City of Ember is better. (I loved that one.)

    And Guernsey? LOVED that--possibly the best book of the last decade!

    And The Hiding Place? One of my top ten of all time. Maybe in the top five. Soooo good!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete