Thursday, October 8, 2015

Amazing Grace

Although this post is not about a book or movie, I still wanted to share it with you all. Last month, I went to New York City and while I was there, I saw a couple of Broadway shows. I really enjoyed all of the shows I saw, but I especially liked Amazing Grace. The music was powerful, the set was amazing, and the story was beautiful.

The musical is based on the life of John Newton, the man who wrote the song Amazing Grace. John Newton was an atheist slave trader who found God and eventually fought against slavery.

I'm having a hard time putting into words how I felt about this musical. Basically I just want to say, that if you make it to NYC anytime before October 25 (the show's final performance is on that day), you should go and see this show. You won't regret it. It is a sad and beautiful and amazing story of redemption and love!

And if you need another reason to see the show, Josh Young, the man that played John Newton, has a beautiful and powerful voice. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment