Sunday, January 3, 2016

2015 Wrap up, part 1 - movies

I didn't make it to 50 movies in 2015, but I improved over 2014. Here is a list, with occasional notes.


  1. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - I enjoyed this. My favorite part was when Billy Boyd sang "The Last Goodbye" during the closing credits. Here's a link to the music video.
  2. X-Men: Days of Future Past
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy
  4. Frozen - I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.
  5. Maleficent - very well done
  6. The Boxtrolls
  7. Words and Pictures
  8. Night at the Museum 3: The Secret of the tomb
  9. The Maze Runner - I enjoyed the books and was surprised that I also enjoyed this movie.
  10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Don't judge me. It was a kind of a cute movie.
  11. Akeelah and the Bee - loved this
  12. Jupiter Ascending - surprisingly boring and slow
  13. The Trip
  14. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 - I liked the first one better
  15. Florence Nightingale - this was from the 80s
  16. From Time to Time - A boy is sent to live with his grandmother while his father is MIA. The boy discovers that he can travel back to the past and change things.
  17. Virtuosity - The Cliburn - an excellent movie about a piano competition
  18. National Gallery - This was a very long movie showing what happens at the National Gallery of Art in London. You're watching it as if you are a fly on the wall. Very good and really interesting.
  19. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
  20. Interstellar - loved this movie
  21. Jurassic World
  22. Ant Man
  23. A Christmas Carol - with Patrick Stewart
  24. Cinderella - I thought this was a beautiful movie
  25. Seventh Son
  26. Inside Out - very good
  27. Into the Woods - loved this one, too
  28. Mr. Holmes - Sherlock is retired and struggling with his memory. An excellent movie
  29. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - everything you could want from a Mission impossible movie
  30. The Lego Movie - everything is awesome
  31. The Theory of Everything
  32. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
  33. Just Let Go - I watched this because I like the lead actor. My favorite part was near the end when he's telling the story of the prodigal son.
I already have two movies for 2016, so I'm off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment