Monday, January 30, 2012

Dolphin Tale

Should I be embarrassed that I watched Dolphin Tale? It's a "feel-good, family movie." I think this kind of film is called a three-generation picture, one that kids, parents and grandparents can watch together.

The film was inspired by the true story of a dolphin, later named Winter, who was found injured and washed up on the beach. She later had her tail amputated. Of course, right from the beginning we knew it would have a happy ending, because Winter played herself. It was predictable and a little sappy at times, but still, it was a story about creativity, teamwork, and ingenuity in overcoming great odds. Really, what's wrong with that? I like watching the animals. It reminds me that I missed my calling to work with wildlife.

It's a fun movie. The kids, in particular, did a great job. It was a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. For more on the Clearwater Marine Aquarium or to see Winter's webcam, visit http://seewinter.com/

1 comment:

  1. You should most certainly NOT be embarrassed that you watched Dolphin Tale. Good movies are great. But even bad movies are fine. Life might be too short to read books we hate, but it's not too short to invest 2 hours in a dumb movie. And this one looks pretty good, after all. Especially if HCJ is in it. (He's never a mistake.) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete