Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oceans

I used part of the long weekend to watch DisneyNature's film Oceans. Before watching it, I wondered if, being a Disney film, it would skip some of the less warm and fuzzy aspects of nature, such as animals eating each other. While the film did not linger too long on these, it did show some hunting and eating scenes.

I had already seem some of the footage used in making the film, such as five minutes of an orca hunting sea lions (or were they seals?), and I was glad the scene didn't last too long in the film. The most difficult part for me to watch was the scene with the fishing nets full of blood and water and a fisherman's boot as he works in the net.

If you like nature, the ocean, fish, or just beautiful photography then you'll enjoy this movie.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh. I'd been wondering about this movie! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete