Monday, February 6, 2012

Man on a Ledge

7) Man on a Ledge. We hit the jackpot two weekends in a row on our date night movies. This Friday we hit Man on a Ledge. When I first heard the title, I revolted a bit. No way was I sitting through a "talk him down" movie for two hours. Not a chance. Then I saw it was made by the people who made Red, and I instantly perked up. Red was probably my favorite movie of last year. (That or The Adjustment Bureau.) So, I mentioned it to my brother in law, who said, yeah, there's a guy on a ledge, but he's a distraction for a separate heist going on across the street. That's exactly what it was--and great suspense as well as funny lines and explosions and a guy throwing money and a brazen homeless guy with heroic moves. Thoroughly enjoyable. Held my breath--since the tension was so high, and the characters in the show were acting like it was no big deal. Almost screamed at them. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the ads for that looked sort of lame. Now, maybe I'll watch it. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete