Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Wrinkle in Time, C.S. Lewis, The Avengers, Jimmy Stewart

I read A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle as recommended by Heather.  I really liked it.  I liked the symbolism of good vs. evil.  Sometimes evil will win, but ultimately good will win. At times we have to do hard things but we have been prepared to do these things and can do it with courage, faith and help from the Lord. And love conquers all! 

I cannot believe that I haven't read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis until now.  But I picked it up while I was visiting my parents in Utah and read it on the plane back. I've seen the movie before and really liked it and it seems to be pretty similar to the book.  I like the symbolism in the book as well as the movie.  I plan on reading the rest of the series now. 

I watched Bend of the River which is a 1952 western with Jimmy Stewart, Rock Hudson and Arthur Kennedy.  It's a little cheesy, but I liked it anyway.  It probably helped that Jimmy Stewart is in it who I really like :) 

I saw The Avengers last week.   It's a really good movie and I really liked it. The superheroes are awesome!

I also watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time which is another Japanese anime movie. I must admit it was a little odd, but I liked it anyway.  I think I've come to expect that from Japanese anime, but I think that's what makes me like them so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment