Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Have a Little Faith, Tuck Everlasting, Brave, How to Marry a Millionaire, Addam's Family, Into the Woods

I read Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom, which I really liked!  It's a true story about Albom who was asked by the rabbi from his childhood to do his eulogy when he dies. "Feeling unworthy, Albom insists on understanding the man better, which throws him into a world of faith he left long ago. Meanwhile...Albom becomes involved with a Detroit pastor...who preaches to the poor and homeless in a decaying church with a hole in its roof." (I got the words from the sleeve cover of the book.)  The book tells the fascinating stories of the Jewish rabbi and Christian pastor. The book is a fast read and has lots of good thoughts in it.  I really liked it.

I also read Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt.  It was interesting, but I was not a big fan of it.

I watched Brave last weekend, which I liked.  It was cute and I liked that it wasn't a love story. It was different than most Disney shows.  I saw How to Marry a Millionaire with Lauren Bacall, Marilyn Monroe, and Betty Grable.  It was cheesy, but funny!  I watched Addam's Family Values and it was highly entertaining. (On a side note, if you've never seen The Addam's Family musical (as a play), it is hilarious and worth it to go and see).  I watched Into the Woods, which is a Sondheim musical and I liked it.  It is funny but a little depressing at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment