Sunday, August 19, 2012

Black Beauty, The Artist

Finally, for the first time in my life I read Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. Wow! I can see why it's a classic. I'm not a horse person so much, but the message of being kind to animals was easy to see as an allegory to being kind to everyone. I loved the moral lessons the horse told. What an uplifting read! Oh, and by the way to anyone who hasn't read it...Black Beauty is a boy horse! No, really!

For date-night-at-the-Redbox we picked up The Artist.What a totally unexpected film. Just in case I'm not the last person on the planet to know this, it's a silent movie. Really, all the way through. There are very few placards with dialogue, too. The whole story is told through acting, rather than dialogue. It's incredible. The plot is similar to Singing in the Rain, with the setting at the change from silent movies to talkies. The music in it is beautiful. I loved the huge "reveal" in the last 10 seconds of the show, too. Worth a watch. I'd call it a PG rating, although it was PG-13. Anyone who's seen it disagree with that assessment?

No comments:

Post a Comment