Monday, August 13, 2012

The Decoy Bride; Life, Love and the Pursuit of Free Throws

We caught the PG-rated romance The Decoy Bride on Netflix streaming the other day. Most notably it stars David Tennant (of Dr. Who fame). He's a travel writer who faked his most famous book. His bride is an A-list movie star who wants to have her wedding without paparazzi. They've been thwarted more than once so they end up going to the Scottish island he fake-wrote about in his famous book. Conflict ensues. Good, clean fun. It's nice to have a rom-com that's not offensive. Wish we had more of those. Ah, well, I guess that's what Bollywood is for.

I finally finished my stack of Janette Rallison books by reading her middle-grade Life, Love and the Pursuit of Free-Throws about two best friends who compete on the basketball court and for the attention of the same freshman boy. While I like Rallison's older books more, this was another light, fun read. I'm glad there's someone writing things like this well so my 9 year old daughter will have some good fluff to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment