Monday, August 13, 2012

Paige is definitely my favorite so far


Paige, the third published book in the Newport Ladies Book Club series, was my favorite book in the series so far. Through Paige, Annette Lyon does a compelling job of showing readers how really difficult being a new single mother is.  She adroitly show us how Paige must not only navigate a new job and a new place to live, but also navigate through the guilt, anger, and hurt she feels because of her recent divorce. 

I really enjoyed seeing the interactions of the women in the book club through Paige’s eyes. Paige had a knack of seeing those women with incisive honesty, but then she would quickly take a mental step back and reevaluate her first impressions with compassion, a compassion she so desperately needs. Despite some rough encounters, I love how Paige and Daisy build a strong friendship through the course of this book. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.  

A side note . . . I've really enjoyed reading this blog and over the summer I have spent my time trying to read all the interesting books everyone keeps recommending so recently I haven't had new books to recommend. Keep posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment